Neuromuscular Incapacitation or NMI, is the scientific term for what happens to your body when exposed to a TASER shock. NMI causes the skeletal (voluntary) muscles to tightly contract. The effect of NMI is so powerful that regardless of the mental state a person is in, there is nothing the brain can do to override the TASER’s effect.
TASER Health & Safety Questions
- Do TASERs leave long lasting effects?
- Does TASER International pay for all the medical studies done on TASER weapons?
- Is there a higher risk of injury for someone with a heart condition?
- Is there a higher risk of injury for someone with a pacemaker?
- Isn’t high voltage dangerous?
- What are the after effects?
- What is Neuromuscular Incapacitation (NMI)?