TASERs are specifically designed to not affect the heart and only affect skeletal muscles (muscles you have conscious control over). The TASER simply mimics the natural signals your brain sends to your skeletal muscles and amplifies them.
TASER Health & Safety Questions
- Do TASERs leave long lasting effects?
- Does TASER International pay for all the medical studies done on TASER weapons?
- Is there a higher risk of injury for someone with a heart condition?
- Is there a higher risk of injury for someone with a pacemaker?
- Isn’t high voltage dangerous?
- What are the after effects?
- What is Neuromuscular Incapacitation (NMI)?